Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Circle of Friends

A certain G$ in Norfolk feels that I'm not posting to my blog regularly enough, so here we go. In high school there were very few people that I really liked and got along well with. By senior year I had a very small group to go out with. I kept in touch with them a little bit through college, but somewhere after my Masters in Canada and before arriving in NYC I lost track of most of them. Well, recently, thanks to the awesomeness that is Friendster I reconnected with them. My friend Amber is working as an elementary school teacher and part-time bartender and Brian is working in the business district (both in NYC). I saw both of them this weekend and actually went out drinking with Brian who had Alix visiting (yet another member of our old group). I kept thinking to myself how amazing it was that these people stepped out of my life for a while and are now all of a sudden part of it. This comes at a very good time for me, because with my abandonment of a lot of my volunteer work, I don't see my local gaming crew much and have a lot more free time on my hands...which is now coming in handy for hanging out with these friends of old.

Recently Watched By Single H:

Collateral: I enjoyed this movie much more than expected. Tom and Jamie were quite good. (4 stars)
Win a Date with Tad Hamilton: For what it was, it was a decent teen romance flick. It really only has two original scenes, but they were worth it. (3 stars)
Possession: A complicated look at relationships highlighting that one really just doesn't "know." However, it dragged tremendously in the beginning and I found myself begging for someone to end the pain. (2 stars)
Firefly TV Series: Recommended to me by Brian as a really good Sci-Fi series and I have to agree with him. (4 stars)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home