Monday, July 25, 2005

Beach Bum


Last year I managed to go through the entire summer and not visit the beach once. Such an act is totally unacceptable in my opinion, especially given my proximity to any number of beaches. Well, I'm happy to say that this past weekend I made it to the beach. I went up to the Sherwood Island State Park and spent Saturday playing in the sand and the surf (albeit there was a lot more of the former). Although I enjoyed the beach tremendously (it's one of the few places I can really relax), I'll tell you what I don't like about the beach. Yes, I hate it when I misapply my sunscreen and get burned in very sensitive areas of my body (joints, tops of feet, etc.) as I did on Saturday, but more than that, I hate the overweight 40-50 year old guys wearing bikini briefs that stare at me the entire day as if I'm some piece of meat they want to devour. There really should be laws detailing who can and can't wear such swimwear and there should be some sort of law to protect damn sexy folk like myself from being oogled at by people old enough to be my parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home