Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Courtland Christmas

Another year, another Christmas. The Courtland Christmas activities are as follows: On Christmas Eve we see a matinee at the local theater. This year we saw the Chronicles of Narnia, which was awesome and quite appropriate to see at Christmastime. We then head home to do some last minute gift wrapping and my father and I trim the Christmas tree while my mom gets our Christmas Eve buffet underway. We tend to have sandwiches, dips, and little frankfuters. This year we also had Swedish meatballs. Once we all fill our plates we put on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation which is a great movie - one that still holds up after all these years. Finally, we gather around the tree and give each other one gift. The remaining gifts wait until Christmas morning.

On Christmas morning we open all of our remaining gifts. This is my dog's favorite part of the holiday as he loves opening gifts. He's not content to open just his gifts and will jump at any gift that we start to open. He's really not interested in what's inside, he just loves ripping the wrapping paper to shreds. Bless his heart.

Since I know most of you are more interested in what I got for Christmas, here's my collected list of gifts received from various individuals:

  • Sweater, shirt, GAP gift certificate (Damn Sexy)
  • Assorted 2006 calendars (keeping track of pay days)
  • Holiday popcorn tin (just because)
  • Cash (wouldn't you like to know how much!)
  • Two scarves (Damn Sexy)
  • Steamer (for my veggies)
  • 20 piece kitchen utensil set (my roomate stole all my forks)
  • The Art of Dramatic Writing (I'm writing a novel)
  • Harrington on Hold'Em, Vol. 2 (I like Hold'Em)
  • Spider-Man 2 (Spidey is the Man)
  • Star Wars Episode III (the 2nd half is much better)
  • Star Wars Battlefront II (seems slightly better than the first)

What did you get?

3 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Steve said...

What did I get? I got jealous at your list of goodies!!!

And thanks for the gift card! That was truly special. (Made me feel like a chump for not bringing you a gift!)

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Hayden said...

You're not a chump! You made my birthday special and I just wanted to reciprocate.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Steve said...

No, I understand. I had been toying with the idea of getting you something, then I ran out of time. (Didn't want to be more than 5 minutes late for our get-together, you know.)

I still haven't made use of it yet. But I was actually thinking of picking up Eyetoy: Kinetic for PS2. ign.com gave it a good rating and it would actually get me to exercise productively at home. Though I'd feel a little silly, perhaps. Plus I have to figure out where the heck I'd set it up. But I'll let you know what I decide when I do! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home