Sunday, October 30, 2005

Pumpkin Carving

When I was younger Halloween was a big thing. Running around and getting candy was like heaven. I never ate candy during the year, so when Halloween came around and I did actually get to eat candy, it made it that much more joyous. As I got older fewer and fewer houses in my neighborhood were giving out candy and I turned to being one of those mischievous teens that dishes up tricks. Of course, I was terribly bad at it; I always felt guilty about doing anything to peoples' houses and lawns. Of course, I feel differently now, but of course I don't have any desire to get candy from my neighbors now. I do miss the spirit of Halloween, though, which is even more nonexistant in the city where kids trick or treat within their apartment buildings and Halloween parties take place prior to Halloween. In light of all this I was very pleased to get the chance to participate in some Halloween festivities. Last friday my friend Rob and I went to a pumpkin carving party held by one of his friends. The party had a number of families present with their children, all of whom were carving pumpkins. On such short notice, it was pretty hard to find a good-size pumpkin, but I got a good-looking small one and managed to carve it up pretty well. The kids at the party all thought it was great. There's something adorable about little guys pretending to be wickedly bad.

3 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger TheGirard said...

it's got a W

that's awesome

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Steve said...

It looks like of the slimes of Dragon Warrior fame, hyped up and rather ticked off. Nice job!

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Mkae said...

Wait. Which face is the pumpkin's?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home