Tuesday, May 09, 2006

New York Wedding & Core Phase I Ends

This past weekend my friend from work, Danielle, had her wedding. I still feel very honored that I was invited to her wedding since I haven't known her that long. Other members of my lab were also invited, including my advisor. It's no secret that I'm not a fan of weddings, but this one was the most enjoyable one I've attended so far. I actually knew less people at this wedding and my parents weren't there (which was a big negative), but the food was incredible and the atmosphere gorgeous. Being in NYC is also a plus in my book. Sadly, I forgot my camera for this event, but I was pretty tame at this one and later this month my friend Austin will be getting married so I'll be sure to have my camera with me then. In addition, I'll be in a tuxedo, so all the pictures of me will be mega Damn Sexy!

This week marks the end of 3 weeks of Core for me. The 3 week mark also means I've completed Phase I of the program (foundation). So, what's the difference? Well, I'm definitely more flexible and haven't pulled anything at practice since starting Core. I'm also only getting 6-7 hours of sleep a night and it's totally fine for me. Finally, I'm a bit more muscular. The difference isn't much (there wasn't a lot of strength training in this phase), but it's there. I'll be curious to see how I look at the end of week 12. Anyway, the foundation phase is over and I'm now into more extensive units. Of course there are new exercises in this phase, but interestingly some of the old ones reappear and they are exactly the ones I felt I would like to work a bit more on (dumbell pullover extension and split dumbell curl to press). One of the great things about this program is how it varies the exercises from day to day and then week to week. It does keep things interesting and...dare I say, fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home