Sunday, March 12, 2006

How Much Am I Worth?

A lot of us have taken those quizzes that calculate your worth based on numerous questions, but few of us know what we're really worth and have seen that money firsthand. Not true for me! Last night was perhaps the wildest night of my life (this one's for you Steve W). In order to raise money, my soccer club held a fundraising event at a local bar in the west village. In addition to selling raffle tickets for various prizes there was also a date auction and I got roped into being one of the guys auctioned. Getting up on a stage and being auctioned off like a piece of meat is very intimidating for those of you who haven't been through this (I can't imagine any of you reading this have) and it was even scarier hearing potential bidders talking and not quite understanding that they were bidding on just a dinner with us and nothing more. Eek!

We realized fast that you can increase your bids substantially by taking off more and more of your clothes. After this trend got started it was pretty hard to deny the bidders. I kept reminding myself that it was for a good cause, my soccer club. The above picture shows our coach Amanda taking a picture of one of us revealing ourselves (for all I know it is me). I can't really show other pictures of this event because it was pretty much rated R+ the whole night through. In addition, I have not yet seen all the pictures people took, though I'm told there are some great ones of me. I'll get them eventually (I hope!).

So, how much did I fetch? Well, there were 8 of us being auctioned and I left an AIM away message up asking everyone to vote on how much I'd fetch. Everybody underguessed (woefully so), except Dan M. who came the closest and clearly recognizes my awesomeness. The bidding started at $1 (eBay style), but it didn't stay there for long. After a large number of introductory bids and the loss of numerous articles of clothing by yours truly, I was bought for a whopping $550!! This was the most money bid on ANY of the guys being auctioned and 25.2% of the total money raised the whole night! That's right folks, $550 for dinner with Damn Sexy. For those of you who've had dinner with me at no cost - remember this post - anything less than $550 is a bargain!

3 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Steve said...

DAMN SEXY INDEED.

Man, now I want to see those pictures. What exactly have you been hiding from me??????

:)

Awesome story, and way to go you!!

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but for $550 you better of put out... twice! (=

- Enrique

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Mkae said...

You have become a man-whore.

I am so jealous.

How much for just the lapdance?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home