Saturday, January 27, 2007

I just can't get enough

The State of the Union address consistently aggravates me. It's not because it pits two mortal enemies against each other (the president and words). It's also because the address never really tells you what it's supposed to. I hear "State of the Union" and I'd like to know where we are at with poverty, unemployment, healthcare, etc. In my mind, if you're not going to do that then you should at least tell me what has changed since last time. You should tell me what bills were signed into law, what programs/initiatives were successful, etc. Sadly, we never get this. Instead we get a list of what this country needs. We need better health care. We need to rely less on oil. We need to balance the budget. That's all the State of the Union is - a big laundry list. Frankly, I find this insulting. We all know what this country needs. If you're going to go down that road then at least tell us how you're going to do it in the coming months/years. Is this too much to ask? As long as I can remember the State of the Union has been a waste of my time. And yet I still keep watching...I just can't get enough.

We're not even a month into the new year and I went to the ER to get my lacerated thumb stitched up. Then on Sunday, in the middle of judging the Planar Chaos Prerelease I started to feel incredibly sick. It was about 30 minutes after I started to drink a bottle of juice. I then proceeded to vomit every 20 minutes for the rest of the day. I took water periodically, but I think that was what caused me to vomit so frequently. All I had had that day was the juice, which is mostly water, so I think my stomach got confused. At any rate, after 5 hours of vomiting I was too weak from dehydration to move from the mattress in the store's office. I had to have an ambulance pick me up and take me to the hospital ER. Once there they put me on an IV and gave me fluids and medication. I was there all night and then they finally discharged me. I'm feeling much better now, but two trips to the ER in less than one month...I just can't get enough.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Oh man... That's pretty crazy. Now I know three people that have gone through a crazy vomiting session in January. Weird. Good news is that it's February so it's a new month and lots of cool new things are up ahead. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home