Saturday, December 09, 2006

Update!

I figured it was about time I gave an update on my life in general, but since I have to judge a PTQ in a few, we're gonna do it bullet style:

  • Gaming: Still doing LOTs of judging for Magic and Versus. Coming up in January the World of Warcraft TCG starts having events, so I'll be judging that too. Rumor has it that 2007 will see Magic Worlds come to NYC, so it looks like I will finally have to step up and test for L3. Oh, and before I forget I was finally interviewed on a Top8Magic podcast! It's a post GP-NJ wrap up. My interview is at the very end and you can listen to it here.

  • Research: I finally have a date! I will be done with my Ph.D. by July of 2008, if not sooner. I'm taking care of the last bit of technical issues this month and probably next month, then it will be all data collection and analysis. Several publications are on the way, so you can expect posts about those in 2007.

  • Soccer: Our club elected a 2007 Board of Directors and I am now President. This was a very weird year for elections as we were all running unopposed and nobody stepped up to run for Treasurer or Secretary/Officer for Membership. Unfortunately this means the rest of us have to double duty, but I've got a stellar Board this year, so I'm happy.

  • Parents: They finally found their dream house and moved. They are now living happily in Southbury, CT. It takes a bit longer for me to visit them now, but the new place is great and I'm a sucker for the heating lamps they have in their bathrooms (I hate being cold why drying off from a shower).

2 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger TheGirard said...

i hope I get to see you this year.

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooo....lemme get this straight. You're gonna be a president, a doctor, an L3 judge, and a McDonalds hamburger?

:-)

Sounds great, man! Keep us posted on when you're going to be conferred your degree. In the meantime I'll be loosely planning a trip to the NYC in July '08.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home