Friday, November 09, 2007

ICCBMT Austin

I'm back from the ICCBMT which was held in Austin, TX. This was hands down the best conference I have attended in my research career. The science was great, the topics were relevant, and the attendance was small - which was intentional. It promoted interaction among attendees (breakfast, lunch, and dinner were included) and I made some great contacts. I was also lucky enough to win a New Investigator Award, which meant I gave a talk and got a nice check to offset the cost of the trip. The one downside was that the conference was at a resort about 30 minutes outside of Austin proper, so I didn't get to see the city's nightlife, but well, the resort had a hot tub outside overlooking the lake. Good times.

3 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger Arwen said...

Congratulations.....That's awesome.

I will be in the city first weekend of Dec...Will I see you at Worlds???

K

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Hayden said...

Indeed. I will be judging at Worlds.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Steve said...

To echo the above... Congrats, That's awesome! (Thief, stealing my words. ;) Sounds like you had a really productive time. Good for you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home