Friday, December 28, 2007

New Job

Now that we're coming up to a new year I figured I would update everyone on my career status. There is actually some great news on this front. My supervisory committee met a few weeks ago and we went over the work I have done thus far. They were very pleased and said I can finish analysis on my current project, write, and defend my Ph.D. in March/April.

With this approval in hand, the next step of my career fell into place. I had my eye on a postdoctoral position in the department of Endocrinology here at Mount Sinai and since I can graduate in the spring I was able to commit to the position and the investigator was able to commit it to me as well. I formally accepted the position yesterday and will be filling out paperwork in the next few weeks. The position enables me to continue studies in bone and to use many of the skills that I have developed during college, my masters and Ph.D. training. In addition, I will be able to brush up on some old techniques and learn new ones. This should set me up nicely for the next step in my career (whatever that may be). So, the end is near! Or, if you like, the beginning is near. Regardless, I will be in NYC for at least another 2-3 years and there ain't nothin' wrong with that!

2 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Awesome! Congratulations! You've worked so hard; you deserve it. :D Major pat on the back! (Thunk!)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations

 

Post a Comment

<< Home