Monday, August 22, 2005

Pre-Flight Percutaneous Pinning


Last Tuesday I had sugery on my broken finger so that it will heal properly. It actually wasn't what you'd expect from a surgery as the operation consisted of the doctors shooting two pins into my finger to "pin" the broken bone against the parent piece. Nevertheless, the process was an ordeal which left me very sore, despite being on Vicodin. Yes, it was the perfect condition for flying to Indianapolis the next day.

All was well, though, and it was great to once again attend GenCon (the best four days in gaming). I recieved full sponsorship to work the convention for Upper Deck Entertainment which meant my hotel and flight were free. Sweet! I judged the main event (Pro Circuit Indy) all weekend (you can see me judging a semi-final match in the picture above).

Although it was great to get more judging experience and earn a TON of product, playmats, tins, and extended art cards, by far the best part of the con was being able to see my good friends. Girard, Trevor, Mark, Triple G, Natalie, Scott Goodrich, Eric Smith, Seth Levy, Kim Logie, Sully, Seth, Rook Guy, Marcus, Clemans, Holbrook, Enrique and Dawn Roscoe were all in attendance and it was great to hang out with them even though my time was often limited. It was also great to see Scott and Bojo still hodling down the Decipher fort with all the volunteers. I was also glad to get to know some of the Upper Deck judges and staff memebers a bit better. I can't wait until the next con!

5 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Mkae said...

Sure. Why is it that when a person's finger is broken, it's always the middle finger? And it's always wrapped up so conveniently to look like you're flipping us off? I don't buy mister.

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger TheGirard said...

I'm sure you were glad to get to know that one judge. Oh yea, I know you know which one I'm talking about.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Well, it sounds like you had another amazing time. And you get to rub it in again that I still haven't gone. Maybe next year?

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger The1GWiz said...

Get your filthy paws off of my GL playmat :P

PS- When are we going out to see Amber at her bar? If you said this Saturday, you are correct!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Hayden said...

Dude, you're lucky I even NOTICED you left the mat behind. Anyway, it's waiting for you in my NG locker. As for Amber, she's been away on a cruise, but I can call her from NG Saturday night after my PTQ and see if she's bartending that night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home