Monday, February 06, 2006

Bra Studies

After attending soccer practice last night and barely having enough players to play soccer I was hot to post on how the American male's tendency to *follow* sports as an integral part of his life ultimately ruins mine. However, all this will do is create a rift between me and my friends (nearly all of whom follow sports they don't actually play). So, I will continue to seeth quietly about it all and post about something altogether different. The story comes from a recent issue of C&EN:

"The Chinese have become significant competitors in a number of industries. Now they are serious about building a better bra, according to the Associated Press. Hong Kong's Polytechnic University is offering a degree in bra studies. Top Form, a Chinese firm that makes 60 million bras a year for labels including Victoria's Secret, Playtex, and Maidenform, has a bra lab at its factory. The firm has experimented with ways to boost busts. Air-filled bras tend to get flat like tires. Oil-filled bras tend to be heavy and expensive. The firm is now trying fiberfill."

The sad truth is that it's too late for me to get my degree in bra building, but surely someone out there is between jobs and undecided about their future career? Whoever you are, look no further.

3 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Yes, I hear it's a bustling career.

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, "American male"? This is much worse in most other countries (with a country like Australia being an exception, because everyone there plays sports). Besides, I play (in some version) almost every sport I follow.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger C said...

I think they should be filled with something more useful. Like snacks. But not drugs, becuase then the wearer might get busted. *runs away quickly*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home