Sunday, February 12, 2006

Snow Job

For a while now I didn't think it would happen, but winter finally hit. We had what I guess constitutes a blizzard here in NYC. The snow started late Saturday evening as I was on my way home from judging a Magic PTQ. It wasn't really sticking, but the wind was vicious and the forecast called for much worse after midnight. When I woke in the morning it was snowing strong and it didn't really stop until 4 pm on Sunday. We definitely got over a foot of accumulation and this caused Neutral Ground to close which meant no day 2 of the Vs. X-Men Sneak Preview, which meant no judging for Hayden. :( Another downside to the snow was that it meant people couldn't fly into NYC. In particular Mark wasn't able to fly in for Toy Fair which is a real bummer because I probably won't get to see him until next year (with all my Magic judging and a major soccer tournament in July I'm not going to be able to make any of the conventions this year).

The positive to all of this precipitation is that it meant I got a good solid day of home time, which I desperately needed. I was able to get a lot done today including some labwork, food shopping, laundry, organizing my bookcases, preparing my receipts and W-2s for taxes, putting away random cards, throwing out junk, writing up my Level 3 interview form, watching all saved shows on my DVR and watching two Netflix movies. Of course there's still tons more to be done, but I've made a solid dent and hopefully this will keep me out from under in the long run.

3 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

NO conventions this summer? Say it ain't so!!! What are we gonna do sans Haydeny goodness? Where am I to turn for a caustic comment in case I get stuck behind a 2-mile long train in San Diego?

Dammit! This is just your ploy to get Sonny and I to come and visit out there, isn't it!

You're fired.

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say, you are becoming quite into your life as a MtG Judge. I am quite amazed and I think at one point, I was an inspiration.

Additionally, I found the person who made Portcullis worth $2.00. Did I tell you? My friend, Joshua, was the one who made the winning Portcullis deck during Odyssey block, I think, which raised it from a crappy uncommon to a significant $2 card.

I'm glad things are going well with you. Well, I'll have to figure out more to say at some point, but rest assured that I do attempt to follow your blog, when I get around to it. Thank you so much for the MtG cards... I think I finally stopped collecting them, but it's a nice avenue of energy that I'm sure I might come back into playing when I get out of school again. :-)

Namaste.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Mkae said...

Sorry I couldn't make it buddy. It just wasn't in the cards. :(

Nice pics though. Now I know what I missed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home