Sunday, June 04, 2006

Towards the Dark Side

For a month or so now I had been planning to go to Great Adventure with Mike, Erich and Matt. The chosen date was June 3rd, but the weather leading up to it was just awful. The day before said the forecast would be rain and thunderstorms, so I told the guys that I wasn't going to attend. I still bought discount tickets for them, but was ribbed by them for wussing out. Well, as it turned out it did rain and thunder that day and there were even worse things about the trip which I won't go into. The point is that because I didn't go it meant I could sleep in late on Saturday morning. This normally wouldn't be something I would need to do (I normally get up at 6 am to exercise), but our Friday league soccer game was cancelled due to rain and since Gus and I knew several of us would be free because of this, we decided to go out on the town.

Gus and I met up at a sports bar for a quick drink before seeing X3 (second time for me). Brian met up with us to see the movie and afterwards Gerald met up with us and we headed out to some bars. At this point is was very early Saturday morning and Gus' birthday. In honor of this we bought him some drinks and shots. The buying got somewhat out of hand and I, one who pretty much only drinks vodka, found myself drinking all sorts of stuff. Brian ordered a round of shots of something which still remains unknown to me. Then there was a round of tequilla and also I believe a jager/red bull combination which was surprisingly good. By the time we were at our last bar stop I realized that I had drank more than ever before in my life. It was much harder to walk and paying attention to anyone except people right in front of me was nearly impossible.

After our last bar stop we went to a dance club in the east village. They were playing 80s music which was perfect for all of us. I forgot how much I enjoy dancing and it was even more fun with friends. The four of us had a fantastic time - joking, getting to know each other better, gossiping about other people on our soccer team, prank calling our club's Fundraising Officer at 4 am (he was awake and online doing God knows what). Sticking to my guns and not going to Great Adventure plus going out on the town for drinking and dancing is something I would simply never have done 5 years ago, but I loved every minute of it. I can't wait to do it again. Cue the Imperial Death March...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home