Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Meme It

It seems all the world wants to know more about Single H. It was only a matter or time...

Ten years ago, 1995-08-24:
This puts me in the first week of orientation at Vasssar College. My orientation group and I were sitting in a circle playing a game. Our leader passed around a box of Frootloops and told us each to take as many as we wanted. Never having been allowed to each "junk" as a kid I jumped at the chance. It was only after I took nearly 1/4 of the box that I realized the game required us to tell everyone a fact about ourselves for each Frootloop we took. Ugh.

Five years ago, 2000-08-24:
Sophomore year in college at Vassar. I had survived the hardest academic year of my life and was living in a suite with my good friend Mike and someone we only just met because we were all at the bottom of the room draw. I seem to remember a certain CCG from a galaxy far far away being new...

One year ago, 2004-08-24:
In between my second and third year as a Ph.D. student at Mt. Sinai and recently returned from GenCon as well where I had a great time working for Decipher and hanging with my friends. This time point is memorable because it holds the story of how I was up so late one night that I literally fell asleep in my soup at the Steak 'n Shake.

Yesterday, 2005-08-23:
Still catching up on labwork from being away at GenCon. I finished up most of the template for my first of two poster presentations at the ASBMR meeting that looms on the horizon. I then left work early to head to Neutral Ground and play Versus in their league, but didn't realize that the format was Golden Age, so I got crushed, dropped out, bought 6 boxes of Avengers with my store credit and opened them all in front of the wannabe Damn Sexys in the store.

Tomorrow, 2005-08-25:
My friend Mike is already here and my good friend Austin will be arriving. I have to head to lab early in the morning to make sure I get my work done before I meet him at the train station and the partying begins!

Five snacks I enjoy:
Pickles, Combos, Watermelon chunks, Chips & Salsa, Frozen Yogurt.

Five bands that I know most of their lyrics:
Bands, not individual singers? Ugh. Backstreet Boys, Barenakend Ladies, Aqua, SoulDecision, S Club 7.

Five things I'd do with a million dollars:
Give a large sum to my parents, though it will never be able to repay them for all they have given me, buy an apartment in Chelsea, invest some, donate some to the schools and teachers that have mentored me, buy a really awesome gift for each of my close friends.

Five places I'd run away to:
Iceland, Canada, Las Vegas, England, Australia.

Five bad habits I have:
Biting my nails, blaming myself for things that aren't my fault, worrying what other people think of me, taking on too much work, getting impatient when things don't go my way.

Five things I like doing:
Playing C/TCGs, watching movies, playing soccer, hanging with my friends and family, eating.

Five things I wouldn't wear:
A small sized shirt, commando pants, daisy dukes, your mom's clothes, a strap-on.

Five TV shows I love:
Smallville, Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The O.C., South Park.

Five movies I love:
Transformers: TheMovie, The Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Regarding Henry, American Flyers.

Five famous people I'd like to meet:
G.I. Gurdjieff
Kristnamurti
King Arthur
Albert Einstein
Emmanuel Kant

Five biggest joys at the moment
Visiting/talking with my family, hanging out with my friends, renting movies, playing soccer, actually playing Versus for fun again.

Five favorite toys:
Transformers, LotR Figures, LotR TMG minis, Oversize HeroClix figures, Star Wars figures.

Five people to tag:
Steve
Triple G
Kim
Seth
Russ

6 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger TheGirard said...

two things

1 - Iceland...WTF?

and

2 - well, I lied, there was only 1 thing. ;)

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Hayden said...

How can you mock Iceland? Do you even know what it's like? It's the BOMB. And what's 2 about? I'm lost...

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger The1GWiz said...

Props for the Iceland call. Don't let anyone from AZ ever mock you about any sort of geographic destination :P

I'm new to being a blog nerd, so I don't have 5 people to tag :\

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Mkae said...

Wow! Is there an official club for the "Wannabee Damn Sexy's"? Sign me up!!

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The strap-on joke was the funniest of this posting, so I'm glad I could contribute. However, you do realize that you were more than a year graduated from Vassar in 2000, right? However, that was the summer I visited you in the Maritimes.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Hayden said...

Ack! Good catch there huggy bear. I dont' know what I was thinking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home