Sunday, September 11, 2005

Tilt!

So, I organized a friendly poker night at my place after having great fun with an impromptu game when my college friends visited. This time I had a bunch of friends from my lab over and we played Hold'em for a few hours. The night was tons of fun and lots of unexpectedness. Some of the more inexperienced players won quite a lot of chips while some of the more experienced players struggled with some awful hands and bizzare betting. The most bizzare aspect of the game was the ridiculous board cards. Case in point - the flop pictured above. This sort of thing happened all night. At any rate, I'm going to try and hold poker night at least once a month, maybe twice. Game On!

This is for those of you sadists out there that wanted to see just what a "pinning" for a fractured bone looks like. Basically they insert two or more pieces of metal into your finger to position the broken piece to heal. In this picture, the top pin has been removed, but you can see the longer one protruding from the tip of my middle finger. In three weeks the doctor will take a pair of pliers and pull it out (without painkillers). Huzzah!

4 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

No painkillers? WTF? Dude, if someone tries to pull a piece of metal out of my body that was previously attached to said body and I'm not sedated, they best be expecting me to consequently take that piece of metal and jam it in their eye (without painkillers).

You're all man, Hayden. And maybe a bit masochistic. But still all man.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger TheGirard said...

can't you just write yourself a prescription?

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Hayden said...

Well, firstly I don't have a doctorate yet and second, when I do, it will be a Ph.D., not a M.D., so no, I won't be able to write myself prescriptions - ever. I do have some leftover vicodin, though...

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger TheGirard said...

mmm...vicodin. Me too, it's for the gout. stupid gout.

have you cured ADD yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home