Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Marriage Equality

I came across a short movie which cleverly deals with the topic of marriage equality and reminded me that I had actually just been talking about this issue with TMac the other day. He was saying how he didn't understand the rationale for preventing same-sex marriages. I, of all people, decided to play devil's advocate and cite all the reasons people have given to prevent the marriages, but it was pretty weird. The arguments are just plain weak and unsupported by any real data (which I as a scientist require). My best friend Mike said that preventing same-sex marriage is beyond reason - laws are created to keep people from hurting others and the proposed amendment doesn't fit the bill. The short film takes a different approach, but it is nonetheless true. It can be viewed here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home