Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My New Addiction

Maybe it's because I don't have any nearby friends who play TCGs anymore or maybe it's because I like too many TCGs, but I haven't really played cards in months. I guess I haven't really been excited about them in a while. Granted, I still enjoy playing cards and will continue to do so in the future, but the passion isn't quite there anymore. Fortunately (or unfortunately) this doesn't see to be a issue anymore.

I recently opened a pack of Perplex City. The game is a series of puzzle cards of different rarities and difficulties. The more you solve, the more points you get and the closer you come to solving the ultimate mystery (the location of the Receda Cube worth $200,000). All I can say is I am absolutely crazy about this game! I love how there are different rarites of cards and how you can trade them to others if you get duplicates. I love how you accumulate points and see where you stand next to people from around the world. I love how it makes you think in a variety of different ways. The one thing that is a bit awkward is that the game is made in Britain and so it's not so easy to come by here in the US, but several stores carry here in NYC and of course you can order packs and boxes online, so in short I've decided to pick this game up. If any of you out there like puzzles and/or have a trivia background, I'd highly recommend giving Perplex City a try. If you're already playing, be sure to let me know so I can add you to my list of tracked players. Game on!

4 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting little game, if you can call it that (I have no idea...seems more like a bunch of puzzles than a game, per se, but that's from my limited, haven't-read-the-rule-book perspective).

As for the card at hand, ball 2, I believe. It has the shortest distance to travel and gravity would be assisting it the entire time it moves towards the finish line. I think.

Justin, what say you? You're the rocket scientist.

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I miss playing MtG on a regular basis.

Also, kinda miss you, personally.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Hayden said...

The game is actually the most complex part of Perplex City as the more puzzles you solve, the more clues you get to the whereabouts of the Cube. Finding the cube first nets you $200,000. Therein lies the game.

Russ, I miss you too, though I don't know abou that beard. :p

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger BubbaJoe said...

I cannot think of a valid reason that #2 would not be the fastest, but I do not do alot of curvalinear dynamics, so 3 or 4 could be the correct answer.

Using my old Mensa tricks, I would lean towards 3 since it is similar to 4 (and those two are different from 1 and 2) and gains a bigger delta V from gravity for longer. But that is just my guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home