Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Near Miss

Most of you probably don't know exactly where I work (Mount Sinai is between 99th and 100th on Madison) and I'm sure none of you know that I do a fair bit of work at the Hospital for Special Surgery on 71st and York. The arrow in the picture points to this second home for me, only a block away from where a pilot lost control of his place and crashed into the side of a building today. I normally walk by that building on my way back home and could have had some wreckage come crashing down on me if the timing were a bit different. Hayden 1, Crazy World 0.

5 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger TheGirard said...

GRATS!

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A *Yankee* pilot, it should be remembered. Coincidence? Or more evidence the Yankees are the Evil Empire. After all, Corey Lidle wasn't crashing planes in Philly.

BTW, I didn't know you do work at the Hospital for Special Surgery.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Hayden said...

I think the real moral here is that bad things happen when the Yankees lose on the road to the World Series.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Holy cow. That's ridiculously close. Good thing you had your force field up and running!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Mkae said...

Jesus. Thank God you were narrowly missed by that giant, f'ing red arrow. There's no telling how bad you would have been hurt. They should really restrict those damn things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home