Monday, September 25, 2006

Ode to Stuffy Doll

The Time Spiral Prerelease was a huge success for our region. It wasn't the #1 Prerelease (Champions), but it was certainly in our Top 5. At the Long Island show on Saturday it was just me, a scorekeeper and one judge...and we had 4 main flights running at once! So, yeah, we were understaffed and it was rough, but I made it work (to quote Runway). I won't say much more about the Prerelease itself, but I do want to note that WotC finally did what I always hoped they'd do - pull back old mechanics and characters from Dominaria! This set is like a dream come true for me. I love Dominaria and the Brothers' storyline and I can't wait to read the Time Spiral book and update all my themed decks (Knights, Saprolings, Druids, Wizards, etc.), which had been on hold for blocks upon blocks. By far my favorite card in the set is Stuffy Doll. If Eric Cartman were a Magic card, he would be Stuffy Doll and I love Cartman. Stuffy Doll is an uber blocker and self-sustaining bitch-slap machine. How can you not love that? I will be collecting Stuffy Dolls from this point onward, so if you have any, please send them my way.

2 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Blogger TheGirard said...

SW did well too. Arizona, San Diego and LA all ran out of product on Saturday and had to make a trip to Vegas to get product for Sunday....because I guess people were doing other things in vegas.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Hayden said...

As they should be...as they should be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home